New Online UBC Microcertificate in Blockchain Innovation and Implementation to begin in March!
Developed by Blockchain@UBC, this 50-hour online microcertificate program is designed for leaders and professionals seeking to understand and champion blockchain implementation.
Learners gain a foundational (non-technical) understanding of blockchain; a toolkit to evaluate blockchain use cases and opportunities, adoption, governance, and scaling; and insights into leading blockchain innovation and implementation to realize business and social value.
Microcertificate program overview:
- Launches March 1, 2021
- Integrates academic and industry perspectives and exposes participants to a large number of blockchain use cases, spanning a wide variety of industry verticals and societal sectors
- Flexible, 100% online delivery
- Taught through a combination of synchronous and asynchronous delivery, including videos, podcasts, hands-on application exercises, and live (virtual) instructor-led sessions (typically 1.5 hours per week).
Program consists of:
- Course 1: Blockchain Foundations (3 weeks)
- Course 2: Blockchain Implementation and Design Challenge (4 weeks)
- Following the completion of Course 2, learners will take part in a hands-on Blockchain Design Challenge and industry networking event.
The UBC Microcertificate in Blockchain Innovation and Implementation is offered in collaboration with UBC Extended Learning. For more information, please go to the UBC Extended Learning website and subscribe to our email list to stay informed about the launch, and other news and updates about our blockchain offerings.